Trader & Investor Visas (E1-1 or E-2)

trader-and-investor-visas-lawyer-boca-ratonWe Help You Complete An Effective Application

Our firm is here to help if you wish to invest in or trade with a company in the United States and want to apply for a trader or investor visa. You may apply for a trader or investor visa if you are from a country with which the United States has a treaty. The E visa is available to anyone who invests at risk in a business entity. Neither of these visas is a substitute for an immigrant visa, though, and an experienced immigration lawyer can help you determine which visa will be suit your needs. If you wish to remain indefinitely in the U.S., we can also help you apply for the appropriate immigrant visa.

We Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes

At the Law Offices of Grant Kaplan we know there is an art to drafting a visa application. We also know that once you have made a mistake in filing, it is difficult to recover. When it comes to trader and investor visas, you can quickly find yourself in deep water. Our legal professionals will go through the process with you and make sure your application is complete. We will ensure that your application is filed and processed in an effective and expedient manner. We will do everything we can to make sure your application is completed as effectively as possible.

Experienced in Helping You Obtain Trader and Investor Visas

With Law Offices located in Boca Raton, Florida, principal attorney Grant Kaplan has more than 25 years of experience in international law and helping people obtain trader and investor visas. We also help people apply for extensions to those visas. We represent people in immigration-related matters throughout the United States and the world.

We can help you apply for the following visas related to trading and investing:

E-1 Treaty Trader Visa. This visa allows the recipient to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, as long as that trade is principally between the United States and the treaty country.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visa. This visa permits the recipient to develop and direct the operations of a commercial enterprise in which he or she has invested, or is in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital. The U.S. must maintain a treaty of commerce and navigation with a country before that country’s nationals can qualify for E visas.

EB-5 Visa for Immigrant Investors. This visa provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To obtain the visa, individuals must invest at least $500,000, creating at least 10 jobs. By investing in certain qualified investments or regional centers with high unemployment rates, the required investment amount is $500,000. In addition, active investments may be made in order to obtain an EB-5.

L-1 Visa. A nonimmigrant, temporary visa, enabling the worker to work in the United States for up to seven years, as an intra-company transferee. L visa holders are exempted from the requirement of having to establish their continued non-immigrant intent. This smoothes the transition to an immigrant employment-based visa, leading to a green card.

Schedule a Free Initial Consultation

Contact us for a free consultation if you would like help in obtaining a trader or investor visa. We will provide you with courteous and prompt service. Our office is on-call 24 hours a day for emergency situations.